ChimneySaver Multi-Purpose Water Repellent is a high performance water repellent that’s a perfect fit for sealing and protecting brick walls, driveways, sidewalks and patios.
- 100% breathable silane/siloxane water repellent
- Protects horizontal and vertical surfaces
- Waterproofs concrete and masonry surfaces
- Protects against de-icing salts and chemicals
- Great for driveways, sidewalks, patios, chimneys, brick walls, and more
ChimneySaver Multi-Purpose Water Repellent is an architectural grade product that meets all industry guidelines for selection of commercial water repellents for masonry, bonding with the minerals in concrete and masonry to provide long-lasting water repellency. ChimneySaver Multi-Purpose Water Repellent is a modified siloxane based product designed to penetrate deeply into most masonry and concrete pores.
Unlike acrylics, silicones, and other waterproofing sealers that remain on the surface and trap water vapors, this masonry waterproofing product allows deep penetration of its active ingredient of up to 1/4 inch or more. This proprietary blend of silanes and siloxanes creates a “SaltShield™” barrier on concrete surfaces for greater resistance to the deteriorating effects of road salts and de-icing chemicals. This 100% breathable, concrete waterproofing product is a great choice for both horizontal and vertical above grade surfaces including:
- Architectural concrete
- Clay Brick
- Natural Stone
- Terra Cotta
- Exposed Aggregate Products
- Portland Cement Stuccos
- Concrete Masonry Units
Long Term Protection With This Clear, Concrete Sealer
This VOC compliant concrete waterproofer penetrates concrete and masonry up to ¼” or more depending on surface porosity and moisture content at the time of application. It reacts with the minerals in the concrete and masonry in the presence of ultraviolet light and atmospheric moisture. This reaction forms strong permanent bonds beneath the surface to create a hydrophobic zone that prevents water molecules from penetrating while still allowing free migration of water vapors. The chemical bonds formed during this process become an integral part of the substrate and provide long-term water repellent protection. Before this product can be applied, tuck pointing and repairs must be completed three days prior and new masonry must be cured for a minimum of 28 days.
- Coverage Rate: Approx. 90-150 sq. ft. per gallon
- Available Sizes: 5 gallons, 30 gallons, 55 gallons
- Application Temperatures: Minimum 45° F
- Application Method: Pump Sprayer
- Dry Time: 1-2 hours (allow 6 hours before rainfall)
- Cleanup: Soap and water while product is still wet – be sure to remove overspray from non-target surfaces (especially windows/glass) before product dries
- Warranty: Ten Year Warranty on vertical surfaces
WARNING: This product can expose you to 1,4-dioxane, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, and ethylene oxide, which is known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.