ChimneySaver Water-Base Water Repellent is a penetrating, V.O.C. compliant, water repellent which contains a proprietary modified siloxane. This water-based siloxane penetrates masonry up to 1/4 inch or more depending on surface porosity and moisture content at the time of application.
- Can Be Used On Most Vertical, Above-Grade Masonry
- 10 Year Warranty
- VOC Compliant in All States
- 100% Vapor Permeable
- Non-Glossy Look
- Efflorescence Protection
- Freeze/Thaw Protection
- Coverage Rate: Approx. 90-150 sq. ft. per gallon
- Available Sizes: 2.5, 5, 30, and 55 gallon containers
- Application Temperatures: Minimum 40° F
- Application Method: Pump Sprayer
- Dry Time: 1-2 hours (allow 6 hours before rainfall)
- Cleanup: Soap and water while product is still wet – be sure to remove overspray from non-target surfaces (especially windows/glass) before product dries
How it Works
ChimneySaver Water-Base Water Repellent reacts with the minerals in masonry in the presence of ultraviolet light and atmospheric moisture. This reaction forms strong permanent bonds beneath the surface and creates a hydrophobic zone that prevents water molecules from penetrating, while allowing free migration of water vapors. The chemical bonds formed in this process allow ChimneySaver Water-Base Water Repellent to become an integral part of the substrate and provide long term water repellent protection.
WARNING: This product can expose you to 1,4-dioxane, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, and ethylene oxide, which is known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.