The HeatShield® PriorFire Retrofit Fireplace System (patent pending) is a lab tested, field proven, engineered fireplace. Because of its unique shape, materials, and “Air Wing” over-fire air injection system, it produces more heat, fewer emissions, and a tall “fun to watch” flame when compared to a traditional masonry fireplace.
Solves Fireplace Clearance Problems
The PriorFire Retrofit Fireplace System is UL listed zero clearance to combustibles with 4” nominal masonry.
Available in 3 Sizes
- Original Model (P-24) - The original model can be installed in any residential fireplace with a width of 30”-41”, an opening height of 26”-30”, and a minimum depth of 22”. Note: depth and interior width is easily achieved by removing the firebox rear and side walls before installing product.
- XL Model (P-33) - The larger XL unit can be installed in any residential fireplace provided the width of the fireplace opening is a minimum of 38" and a maximum of 50", and the height opening is a minimum of 26" and a maximum height of 30", with a minimum floor depth of 22 3/4".
- XLT Model (P-33T) - The XLT unit is the same as the XL, except it adds an eighth brick course for installation in fireplace openings greater than 30” and less than 34” in height. It requires a listed 9” stainless steel liner installed to manufacturer’s instructions.
Produces 2-3 Times More Heat Than the Average Masonry Fireplace
The unit is built with light weight fire brick, so the firebox lining accumulates less heat than standard firebrick or heavy castable materials. More heat radiates into living spaces instead of absorbing into the surrounding masonry.
The unique back wall “Air Wing” shape keeps the flame in contact with the rear wall of the fireplace. Preheated overfire air is syphoned or injected into the flame through the air injection slots in the back wall.
This secondary combustion feature burns off additional particulates before they reach the flue. More complete combustion means a more efficient fireplace with less pollution and less creosote buildup than a standard fireplace or similar products.
- Original Installation Instructions | Instructional Video
- XL/XLT Installation Instructions | Instructional Video