DEFY Wood Cleaner is an oxygenated bleach wood deck cleaning solution that effectively removes dirt, grime, and weathered graying from wood surfaces. Unlike most chlorine bleach based cleaners, this product will not harm wood fibers, pets, grass or most plants.
Using a chlorine bleach not only harms the wood as well as the vegetation surrounding the deck, but it doesn’t actually clean or remove any stains. It just bleaches them out. DEFY Wood Cleaner is a powdered, oxygen bleach concentrate that is mixed with water to clean and restore the natural beauty of exterior wood. When you use DEFY Wood Cleaner, you can actually see it work as it foams up and penetrates down to the pores to give your deck a thorough cleaning.
Even new wood needs to be cleaned in order to remove mill scale to make the surface more porous to easily absorb deck stains.
DEFY Wood Cleaner is a powdered concentrate sold in 2 lb. recyclable containers. A 2 lb. container of DEFY oxygen bleach wood deck cleaner makes five gallons of solution and will clean approximately 500-1,000 total square feet (or 100-200 square feet per gallon). DEFY Wood Cleaner is also an excellent cleaner for vinyl and aluminum siding.
- Coverage Rate: Approx. 500-1,000 sq. ft. per 2 lb. container. Each 2 lb. container makes 5 gallons of cleaning solution.
- Available Sizes: 2 lb. containers
- Application Temperatures: Minimum 45° F
- Application Method: Pump sprayer, mop or soft-bristle car wash type brush
- Rinsing Method: Garden hose or power washer
- Cleanup: Soap and water